After nine months of waiting we finally have a release date for season 2 of the Mandalorian. If you haven’t seen season 1 yet you definitely need to check it out on Disney+ and there are major spoilers ahead so you have been warned.
Season one of The Mandalorian ended with the revelation that the dark saber is in the possession of Moff Gideon who has been hunting Din Djarin, a Mandalorian and the protagonist of the show. Din Djarin and the child, more commonly known as “Baby Yoda,” had just escaped from a battle with Moff Gideon and dozens of Storm Troopers.
Since season one ended there’s been a lot of speculation about what will be included in the second season, so here’s what we’ve heard.
- Multiple sources have said that Yoda will be making an appearance. Since The Mandalorian takes place after Return of the Jedi, when Yoda is already dead, it’s most like he’ll appear as a force ghost.
- Ahsoka Tano has been confirmed, and will be played by Rosario Dawson.
- There have been many rumors that Han Solo will be included, though we don’t know how.
- Boba Fett will also be making an appearance, played by Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett in the prequel trilogies, however the role will be small. This makes sense since Boba Fett is one of the clones of Jango Fett.
- There’s also speculation that Ahsoka Tano will be included in the first trailer for the new season of The Mandalorian.
- The season is also rumored to include other Mandalorians, so it will be interesting to see how they’re incorporated into the story.
Many fans had speculated that the second season would start in late 2020 since season one premiered in late 2019. Many shows have been affected by production shutdowns due to COVID-19, but season two of The Mandalorian was already in production before season one premiered, and they wrapped production in March before the widespread production shutdowns. Disney has finally announced that the first episode of season two will premiere on Friday, October 30th, so make sure that you have an active Disney+ account to catch the new episodes.
Here’s the announcement from the official Disney Instagram account:
Which character are you most excited to see in season two? Let us know in the comments!